Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Rock and Roll forever

We hired a car and drove to Cleveland to see the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum. On the way we had to detour due to roadworks and our GPS system almost took us to Canada - we got off the border crossing just in time. What a magnificent place is the Hall of Fame - 6 floors of exhibitions, interactive displays, films, music and lots more. We spent all of today looking through the exhibits and will go back tomorrow as there is so much to see and so much to do. This place is truly remarkable and has been set up with great love and respect of the music/people that it documents and honours. My favourite exhibition so far has been the psychedelic Porsche owned by Janis Joplin but there are many things that run a close second including the interactive displays where you can listen to the songs of inductees and trace all of their influences and listen to their music as well. I loved the Rolling Stones pinball machine which took me back a few years to my university days where, if I say so myself, I would have got a Distinction in Pinball Playing if it was offered as a course. I was finally able to obtain a couple of Sugar Pie Desanto CD's and meet some people who had actually heard of her. The only disappointment was the fact that you could not take pictures inside the museum - therefore the pictures in this blog are downloaded from the net.

No comments: