Friday, January 16, 2009

Free at last, free at last - Lord Almighty - free at last

This picture shows me in Peruvian poncho about to leave the hospital - somehow I thought the garb was highly appropriate. I am now ensconced in a hostel in Miraflora - in the bridal room (don't worry - the irony has not escaped me). I got the room at a really cheap rate because they all felt sorry for me being in hospital. I must add that this is the same place that I stayed in last time I was in Miraflora and the staff were/are really great. Hugs and kisses all round on my return and long explanations of what I have been up to. I am already planning my trip to Iquitos to visit the jungle, swim the Amazon, run with the animals and drink lots of Ayahuasca (look it up). In preparation I went for a long walk and ended up buying fresh rolls and food at the supermarket which I am really looking forward to eating after a lengthy quota of hospital food. Oh the simple pleasure of life!!!

No comments: