Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Doctor, doctor, give me the news

After twenty odd days in hospital in Cusco it was decided to transfer me to the much lower altitude of Lima and so I arrived in Clinica San Borja on the 4th January after taking a plane flight from Cusco airport to Lima airport. Immediately, team Andre swang in to action and every part of me was xrayed, scanned, prodded, poked, radiated, hooked up, monitored and ultrasounded. I saw my heart, lungs, blood system, colon, liver, kidneys and other parts I didn't know existed in action as they tried to find the root cause of the difficulties I am/was having. The working theory is that there was some sort of pulmonary thrombosis accentuated by the high altitude and the original pneumonia. Anyway, am doing pretty well at the moment and breathing is much more regular. Again, I couldn't ask for better service or treatment and I feel like I am in very good and caring hands.

No comments: