Thursday, December 25, 2008

To Market, To Market

On Christmas Eve I went to a special market held at the Plaza de Amas. Once a year the traditional Peruvians come down from the hills and display their wares for sale. The market was massive with the whole area being blockd off an huge crowds attending to see all sorts of traditional arts and crafts. There was a mix of tradiional and western entertainment with Santa Claus appearing to give gifts to the children. After the market I went back to the hospital. At twelve midnight there was a fantastic fire works display to herald in Christmas Day. From the sixth floor of my hospital room I had a spectacular view. The doctors and nurses on duty all came up to wish me a Feliz Navidad (Merry Christmas) and we all watched the fireworks for about half an hour. To my great surprise they opened the large windows all the way - I thought the windows at this height would not have been able to be opened. Hopefully, I will be released from hospital in the next day or two and then I can continue on to Machu Picchu. The kindness, generosity and quality of service shown to me by all of the people at the hospital has been second to none and I thoroughly recommend San Jose Clinic in Cusco should you ever need it.

1 comment:

Cathy James said...

Hi Andre,
Good to see you are okay. Have been thinking about you and hoping you recovered okay from pneumonia. I loved the hospital photo. You don't miss a trick, do you. I also liked the photo with the dentist. You know how to make a trip a exciting one. Take care. Cathy