Monday, December 8, 2008

Andre the Peruvian

Looked in a lot of shops today and found an outfit which suits me well - not. As a Peruvian I think I make a good Australian. Found a place called The Real McCoy that serves everything British. Had porridge for breakfast with fruit and watched an English soccer match on the TV while reading the Guardian newspaper. Later on in the day had apple crumble with custard - your standard Peruvian meal. Today was a public holiday in Peru (Immaculate Conception) and there were parades, music and firecrackers - quite a sight. I bought some headphones at the market yesterday and today set up my computer to use Skype which offers phone calls to Australia for $0.027 per minute. Tomorrow I hope to finalize my plans for Macchu Picchu.

1 comment:

Cathy James said...

I love the outfit. Enjoyed reading your travel journal. I admire you so much. A true adventurer at heart. Keep us updated. Keep enjoying South America, pity Josephina or Luciana are not with you!