Sunday, December 21, 2008

Taking A Breather

Recovery is progressing slowly but steadily with the main treatment being intravenous antibiotics and regular sessions with a ventilator to clear the infection. Between these times I have had an opportunity to walk around the hospital region and talk to the local people. There is a huge soccer stadium behind the hospital that is always full of people attending some sort of sporting event. I bought a pizza one night and only ate part of it - the cheese they use (in abundance) was not to my liking. The people working in the hostel I am staying at dropped in today to see how I was doing and whether I needed anything. They had rung all the hospitals to find the one I was in. This sort of kindness is typical of what I have experienced from the people of Cusco.

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Hi Andre

Mary Ann said...

First the Dentist, now the doctor, what next!!!!!!!!!

Anno said...

Hi Andre, sorry to hear you are so unwell on your trip. What a bummer!! Hope you are feeling much better now and can continue on your way into deepest darkets Cusco???? I'll bet you are reeeeeaaaalllly missing GLC aren't you? ha ha ha

Have a great Christmas wherever your are.
cheers
Ann O. xx

Mary Ann said...

Hi again, been having some trouble logging in to comment.I have your xmas gift from Hume--suprise suprise- ad it is a cool one this year. I will try to drop it over to Sharon but it will probably be after xmas now.Would like to fill you in on some goss but wouldn't dare do it on a somewhat public site anyway hope you are feeling better but it seems an ok place to be sick in, talk to you later-- Mary Ann