Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Iquitos - I can taste it

Bought my flight to Iquitos for tomorrow. This picture shows the two agents with my flight and hostel tickets - all finalized. I plan to do a few day trips to see some of the Amazon and have received some really good advice from a traveller who has just returned from Iquitos about a good jungle trip to see alligators, piranhas, jaguars and anaconda. Looking forward to having a swim in the Amazon as well. Based on a lot of advice I have made sure I have a room with air conditioning (just like the conquistadors when they first arrived in Peru :) ). Next blog will hopefully come from Iquitos - at last.

2 comments:

Gary & Susan Sutton said...

Hi Andre, It is great to see you are out of hospital and continuing on your adventure. Enjoy

Cathy James said...

Hi Andre,

My life is so boring compared to yours. I loved your photos with the animals. You look so relaxed and happy. Glad to hear that Sharon is on the way. We are having a VOV lunch this week and will print out photos of you which we will place on your chair. Enjoy. Cathy