Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Farewell LA, hello Lima

Finally got out of LA today and started heading towards Lima. This post is being written from the Bogota airport in Colombia where I have a five hour layover. Am so tired after a eleven hour flight (three hours before the flight at the airport, then a two hour delay and then six hours in the air to get here). This is the first time on this trip that I have come up against the majority of people not speaking English. Hand signs and charades are the order of the day. I was able to buy some food and drink with US dollars (which was very fortunate as I had no Colombian pesos at all). Also lucky to find a useable Internet connection in the airport. I have a couple of leads of places to stay in Lima and have had a bit of advice/input from some of the travellers back at the hostel in Los Angeles. Looking forward to this leg almost as much as I am looking forward to getting some sleep in a bed - any bed

No comments: