Thursday, November 27, 2008

Hola Miraflores - aquí estoy

Landed in Miraflores last night, about 6.50pm local time, and have just now finally woke up from a deep, deep sleep at about 12noon. The location I am staying at (the Eurobackpackers Hostel) is pretty good and is close to everything - food, banks, the beach etc. Went for a walk and arrived at the beach after a couple of minutes. It looks beautiful but the sky was a little overcast. Had my first "proper"meal for ages - it was really, really delicious and only 11 Soles (I'll let you work that out in $AUS). Will spend the rest of today sightseeing and planning the next leg of my trip. It is amazing being in a place where literally almost no-one speaks your language, and if they do, it is usually in a limited and broken form. It gives me a whole new appreciation of what many of the people arriving in Australia face in terms of the language barrier and making sure that they are not being ripped off.

No comments: